Tuesday 12 August 2014

OOTD: The Not-So-Secret Garden



Sunglasses: Marc O'Polo via TKMaxx, Cardigan: Red Herring (old) via Debenhams, Dress: H&M (old), Shoes: Primark
A few weeks ago, I decided to brave the outside world with the intention of shooting outfit photos, and enjoying the rare bit of sunshine with a book and some snacks. I stopped at this little "secret garden" in the middle of campus at a somewhat awkward time in the afternoon when most people who still work on the campus are leaving work. 

A fair few people like to cut through the garden to get back home.

Cue me awkwardly setting up a camera (on an edge of a flower bed, since I was too shy to put up a tripod and underline my intention of posing on a camera to all the passers-by haha), setting a self-timer and pressing the shutter button... only to have someone walk into the garden. This of course resulted in me dashing for the camera and stopping the shooting half-way through the clicking of the shutter.

Oh dear.
 


Next time (if there is a next time, with weather like this), I think I'll try my luck at the actual secret garden a bit further away. Since it's full of flowers, and hardly anyone goes there. Especially if I manage before September...

That said, the reason it took me so long to publish these photos was because I didn't really like them. They seemed so clumsy. Which is why there is only one photo of me and my outfit!
I don't know why, but I feel very frustrated and unhappy with my photography at the moment, and I'm not sure what to do. Photograph more I suppose, as I am definitely rusty. I've never been one for much photo editing before, so I think I need to do some research on that as well.

How do you deal with passers-by when taking photos? Any other photography tips?

Until next time,
Jenni


No comments:

Post a Comment