Friday 8 August 2014

This Week I Love... #3

I can't believe it's another Friday (late on a Friday, but still Friday)! Where are the weeks disappearing to?

Crochet
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Katta/love-scarf
photo via Ravelry
I'm determined to learn to crochet. I've been knitting for years, and dabbled with crochet, but never actually learned how to do it (my version of crochet has mostly consisted of making random knots with a hook to add details to knitted works). I'm knitting Love Scarf (pictured) now, and though it doesn't look quite as neat and pretty as that one, I'm quite pleased with the result so far!


Reading

photo via Pinterest
As an English student, I obviously read a lot. However, this summer (since I started working) I've noticed my time being taken by other activities. I've picked up books again this week, and now I can't stop reading! Can I just take a day off work to sit on a comfy chair with a cup of tea...?

I'm currently reading Angela Carter's The Magic Toyshop and, dare I admit it, Cassandra Clare's City of Heavenly Fire. Well, in the case of the latter, I'm actually listening rather than reading it. It's great accompany to crocheting, or walking to work. YA novels are great for that — it's like TV. They are entertaining, but don't require your undivided attention.


Les Mills Bodybalance

photo via Pinterest
I've been going to Bodybalance classes for a good few years now, and I've loved it from the first class. Which is why I keep going back. This week however, on my Wednesday night class, I felt so good. I can't remember the last time I felt so strong, so flexible and so relaxed at the end. I loving Bodybalance more than ever.


Florals
 
 Autumn Posy Necklace via Etsy

Last week I loved fresh flowers, now I want to wear flowers. Be it a pattern on a skirt, dress or a top, or accessories like this gorgeous autumnal flower necklace from Layla Amber on Etsy, I want it in my hands. Especially that necklace.

Until next time,
Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment