Saturday 4 April 2015

Freedom (and Other New Things)

I feel like a fairy tale expert now (this is about a quarter of my books)
It's been over a month since my last update and a lot has happened since then, so I thought I'd write a little catch-up post before returning to my usual content.

Terrified graduate-to-be handing in their dissertation after much drama
The reason for my lack of blogging has been my dissertation, which I handed in yesterday. The final month was very hard, as not only did I get sick twice (currently still in recovery), but we also had our annual 3-day swing dance workshop and the University's dance society's annual dance showcase, which both took place in mid/late March. During the final two weeks before the show, I was spending about 10 hours a week at dance rehearsals. Amazing, but exhausting. And probably not great when you have a dissertation to write! I was determined not to miss the showcase, however, as this year was my fourth and final year participating. It felt very special, especially since I was co-choreographing our swing dance performance! I was so proud of our little troupe!

Today is the first day of Easter holidays, which means glorious 3 weeks with no University or deadlines (besides a few job applications). I'm still working, but my hours are so small that it hardly counts. I'm jetting off to Cyprus next Friday to see my boyfriend for the first time in over 3 months and to celebrate our missed anniversary (3 years!) and his birthday. I must admit, a trip to warmer climate sounds absolutely heavenly in itself too. Aberdeen has been absolutely dreadful. +6 degrees, and on 1st of April I got caught in snowstorm on the way home from work (wearing ballet flat, cropped trousers and a blazer, as it had been sunny all day until that point). The sky is obscured by grey clouds on nearly daily basis, I can't remember a day when it hasn't rained, and often I can't tell the difference between 8am and 3pm.

My plans for the coming weeks include (besides boring things like internship and graduate job applications) lots of crafts (maybe finally learning to crochet?) and relaxing. I'm looking forward to having time to spend blogging as well, I've jotted down so many blog post ideas over the last month! Anyone else get all the ideas when they have no time to execute them? Cyprus should also be great for outfit photos, because a) boyfriend (camera man), b) sun (nice clothes) and c) pretty sights (nice backdrops, unlike the stonewall at the backgarden)!

A little announcement to finish: I am moving to Oxford(shire) on the 9th of May! I'll be doing a work experience placement with Oxford University Press and househunting for a flat for my boyfriend (who'll be moving back to the UK at the end of May) and I. I am beyond excited and can't wait to start this new chapter of my life. I have one essay due after the holidays so I'm moving out straight away after it's done, and then I only need to come back to Aberdeen for graduation in mid-June. Hurrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment