Sunday 26 April 2015

Outfit: Back in Your Own Backyard

Oh you can go to the East go to the West,
But someday you'll come weary at heart back where you started from,
You'll find your happiness lies, right under your eyes,
Back In Your Own Backyard

Billie Holiday - Back in Your Own Backyard

Top: H&M | Necklace: Topshop | Jeans: New Look Petite | Shoes: Dorothy Perkins

I never thought I'd buy anything with peplums but here we go (and this is my second peplum top)! I spotted this rainbow-dotted piece from H&M sales a few weeks back for mere £5 and decided that I absolutely needed it. I've since seen a pair of trousers in the same print and been tempted to try them on every time I walk past them in the shop — but I'm afraid that I might end up buying them if I do haha.

I only have 2 weeks left in Aberdeen before I move to Oxfordshire. I have no flat and no proper job waiting, so it's quite scary. I will, however, be starting on 3 week work experience placement at Oxford University Press and I'll be staying at my boyfriend's parents' house until I find us a flat, so it's not too bad.

Before that, however, I have a presentation, an essay and a lot of packing to do (already started on that!). I'm trying to clear out my wardrobe a little bit, so if you're interested in having a peek, you can find me on Vinted (swingmeout) and Depop (@swingmeout)! I'll be posting a few more bits in the next couple of days.

There are no words to express how excited I am to finally be living in the same country with my boyfriend again, and even living together this time! It's been nearly two years since he got posted abroad and I must say, it's been tough at times. It feels almost unreal that we have finally got to this point.


No comments:

Post a Comment