Monday 27 July 2015

Dress Two Ways

I was recently approached by Fat Face to collaborate on a post styling their lovely 'Hemsley' dress for day wear and a more formal occasion. Being a big fan of Fat Face (their knitwear is pretty much my favourite), I happily accepted and could not have been more pleased when I received the dress.

I would like to say a few words about the dress before the outfits. First, it has pockets. Second, it has adjustable straps. Third, it has a shirred back, meaning that us bustier ladies don't have to worry about loose waist or tight bust — it fits perfectly. It hits me exactly on my knee, which, while longer than most dresses and skirts I tend to wear, is a lovely length. I would say that this makes it a flattering length on a variety of heights, as I often find that skirt or dresses are either far too long on me, or so short it makes me wonder how anyone above 160cm/5'2'' can wear them without flashing something.


The dress comes in a variety of patterns, which is another feature I appreciate, as I find it incredibly frustrating to find something that fits perfectly and has a lovely shape, but that doesn't come in a print or colour I like. I chose the Indian Garden print, which is currently not on the website but you may well be able to find it in the shops!


For the casual daytime outfit, I chose to pair the dress with a cropped denim jacket and a pair of suede moccasins (£45.00)*.

The moccasins, as the dress, are well made and generally very comfortable. I say generally because while the left shoe fits perfectly and is so soft and comfortable, the right shoe rubs my foot causing some discomfort. On inspection, there's nothing difference between the shoes, which I am taking to mean that it's just the shape of my foot. I have noticed an improvement with wear though, so basically you might just have to break them in a little bit — as you do with most shoes.


When styling the dress for a more formal occasion, I immediately thought of a garden party. Now, I know that the weather in England has not been the best for the past few weeks and no one wants to flutter around in a sleeveless summer dress in downpour (or have garden parties for that matter), but I am imagining a perfect summer day (which I did experience this past weekend!) to wear this ensemble on.


For this outfit, I swapped the loafers for a pair of white sandals with a low block heel, adding a two-strand necklace (£16.00)* and a clutch (which is not actually a clutch, ha).


Do head over to the Fat Face website to have a peek at their new arrivals, there is many a thing that I admiring at the moment!


Feature in collaboration with Fat Face. No financial compensation was received for this post. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment