Tuesday 8 September 2015

What Happened to August

It's been a month since my last post, and while I don't want to apologise, I figured I should write a word or two before my followers think I've abandoned this corner of the internet forever (spoiler: I haven't).


Since my past post, I've turned 24(!), been offered a new full-time position at Waterstones and visited Finland with my boyfriend to see family and friends, with a little cruise to Stockholm (from Helsinki) to finish off the trip. Halfway through our visit to Finland, however, I started suffering from muscle pain around my neck/right shoulder. This has since gone from bad to worse, and is currently absolutely excruciating to the point where I can't actually function without heavy painkillers. I wake up at night because my painkillers stop working and I'm dizzy most of the time. Most recently, today, I also started crying in the middle of Sainsbury's because the pain was too much to bear, despite the painkillers I'd taken less than an hour ago. I had to take my jacket off because it's weight was too much, and I had hard time lifting my arm up. Before you ask whether I've seen a doctor — I have. They told me to take Ibuprofen regularly and consider finding a chiropractor.

A nice sob story, I'm sure you'll agree. But how does this affect my blogging? The honest answer is that I just don't have the energy to take photos and organise the flat when I'm in so much pain. Writing content is mostly fine, but I know that blog posts without photos are a little dull (which is why this post also has a random blurry photo of my face from an outfit shoot I wasn't happy with). Especially considering the topics I tend to write about.

Finally, thank you all who have stuck around through the silence. I hope to be back blogging regularly soon. Until then, I'll be here with my painkillers, planning all the posts I'd like to be doing.


No comments:

Post a Comment